AHIMA’s Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential demonstrates a practitioner’s mastery of coding proficiency. While increasing numbers of employers now require CCS credentials for their coding staff, the CCS examination is known to be difficult and many skilled coders do not pass the exam on their first attempt. There is a solution.
Whether in-person or virtual, Libman Education’s thirteen-week course, CCS Exam Prep, has proven very successful in preparing students to pass the CCS exam. The course does not teach you how to code, but rather provides a thorough review of the materials covered by the exam coupled with proven test-taking strategies.
- Intensive preparation and personalized attention ensures students stay on-track
- Real-time instruction with a live teacher and class experience
- Extensive proprietary study materials are supplemented by carefully selected textbooks and additional resources
- Three-hour classes held weekly for 13 weeks
- Course is concluded with a mock exam scheduled individually with the instructor. The mock exam is realistic and prepares the student for the experience of taking the CCS exam.
- The expected out-of-class work per week is an additional 10-15 hours depending on the subject matter and the student’s individual experience
- Weekly assignments must be completed on a timely basis to ensure productive class time
Don’t ‘go it alone.’ Three options to fit your needs!
CCS Exam Prep: In-Person classes
The in-person CCS Exam Prep course is a hybrid of 5 virtual classes and 8 in-person (classroom) classes. The in-person classes are held at the Libman Education conference center in Concord, Massachusetts.
CCS Exam Prep: Virtual classes
The virtual CCS Exam Prep, offering the same intensive preparation, personalized attention, and real-time instruction with a live teacher and class experience, is ideal for students located outside New England or otherwise unable to travel to the in-person sessions. The virtual classes are taught using web-based conferencing and are available to students anywhere with internet access.
CCS Exam Prep: Customized for your Facility
Many facilities are facing the challenge of training and credentialing a team of coders. Libman Education can help by bringing our CCS Exam Prep class to you! For more information on customizing a CCS training solution to fit your needs, contact Libman Education, at 978-369-7180 or info@LibmanEducation.com
Libman Education’s CCS Exam Prep is Designed for Student Success
Enrollment in Libman Education’s CCS Exam Prep is strictly limited to encourage class participation and provide plenty of individual attention. To ensure a greater likelihood of success, students should be prepared to sit for the CCS examination shortly after completion of the course.
Students who register for Libman Education’s CCS Exam Prep must be prepared to attend all class sessions and complete the necessary additional course work. It is our experience that students unable to commit the necessary time and energy to the course will not be prepared to successfully sit for the CCS exam. Students unable to keep current with the coursework may be asked to withdraw from the course.
Process for Acceptance to the Course:
- Complete the online form to request an application.
- Complete the application and return it to Libman Education at support@LibmanEducation.com or by fax to 978-371-2671.
- The instructor will contact you by email or phone to schedule an interview to discuss your background and readiness to undertake the class.
- A course demonstration, held as a virtual meeting, will be scheduled with each student to explore the course in detail and answer any questions.
- As a condition of acceptance, you may be asked to take a brief exam to assess your current coding knowledge and skill.
CCS Exam Prep: $979 Per Person/Per Course
Extensive proprietary study materials are supplemented by carefully selected textbooks and additional resources, most of which are available on the Libman Education bookstore. See Course Requirements for a listing of materials.
Location for In-person Classes:
Libman Education Conference Center
30 Monument Square, Suite 125
Concord, MA 01742
Mary Beth York, CCS, CCS-P has over twenty years experience in coding, auditing and documentation for hospitals ranging from community to teaching hospitals as well as physician group practices. As an educator, Mary Beth has taught in a broad range of settings from large classroom, to small group, to one-on-one instruction. Mary Beth has taught Libman Education’s highly successful CCS Exam Prep courses for eight years and has also taught CCS-P exam preparation skills, interventional radiology, and physician education on documentation requirements and assignment of E&M levels. Mary Beth York is a Senior Associate with Barry Libman Inc.
For more information, contact Libman Education at 978-369-7180 or info@LibmanEducation.com