Next Sessions Start September 12/13, 2014.
AHIMA’s Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential demonstrates a practitioner’s mastery of coding proficiency. While increasing numbers of employers now require CCS credentials for their coding staff, the CCS examination is known to be difficult and many skilled coders do not pass the exam on their first attempt. There is a solution.
Libman Education’s thirteen-week course, CCS Exam Prep, has proven very successful in preparing students to pass the CCS exam. The course does not teach you how to code, but rather provides a thorough review of the materials covered by the exam coupled with proven test-taking strategies.
- Intensive preparation and personalized attention ensure students stay on-track
- Hybrid format combining recorded and real-time instruction with a live teacher and class experience
- Extensive proprietary study materials are supplemented by carefully selected textbooks and additional resources
- Recorded lectures on critical topics allow multiple reviews of materials
- Live one-hour classes, held weekly for 13 weeks, use web-based conferencing and are available to students anywhere with internet access.
- Course is concluded with a mock exam scheduled individually with the instructor. The mock exam is realistically difficult and prepares the student for the experience of taking the CCS exam.
- The expected out-of-class work is an additional 10-15 hours per week depending on the subject matter and the student’s individual experience
- Weekly assignments must be completed on a timely basis to ensure productive class time
CCS Exam Prep: $979 Per Person/Per Course
Do you have a group to enroll? Simply complete this form and email it to us at spepple@LibmanEducation.com.
This is an advanced course to prepare for the CSS exam. Click here for a list of pre-requisites for acceptance.
- Complete the online form to request an application.
- Complete the application and return it to Libman Education at support@LibmanEducation.com or by fax to 978-371-2671.
- The instructor will contact you by email or phone to schedule an interview to discuss your background and readiness to undertake the class.
- A course demonstration, held as a virtual meeting, will be scheduled with each student to explore the course in detail and answer any questions.
- As a condition of acceptance, you may be asked to take a brief exam to assess your current coding knowledge and skill.
Extensive proprietary study materials are supplemented by carefully selected textbooks and additional resources, most of which are available on the Libman Education bookstore. See Course Requirements for a listing of materials.
Libman Education’s CCS Exam Prep is Designed for Student Success
Enrollment in Libman Education’s CCS Exam Prep is strictly limited to encourage class participation and provide plenty of individual attention. To ensure a greater likelihood of success, students should be prepared to sit for the CCS examination shortly after completion of the course.
Students who register for Libman Education’s CCS Exam Prep must be prepared to attend all class sessions, review all recorded lectures, and complete the necessary additional course work. The expected out-of-class work is an additional 10-15 hours per week depending on the subject matter and the student’s individual experience. Weekly assignments must be completed on a timely basis to ensure productive class time. It is our experience that students unable to commit the necessary time and energy to the course will not be prepared to successfully sit for the CCS exam. Students unable to keep current with the coursework may be asked to withdraw from the course.
Mary Beth York, CCS, CCS-P has over twenty years experience in coding, auditing and documentation for hospitals ranging from community to teaching hospitals as well as physician group practices. As an educator, Mary Beth has taught in a broad range of settings from large classroom, to small group, to one-on-one instruction. Mary Beth has taught Libman Education’s highly successful CCS Exam Prep courses for eight years and has also taught CCS-P exam preparation skills, interventional radiology, and physician education on documentation requirements and assignment of E&M levels. Mary Beth York is a Senior Associate with Barry Libman Inc.
For more information, contact Libman Education at 978-369-7180 or info@LibmanEducation.com
CCS Exam Prep: Customized for your Facility
Many facilities are facing the challenge of training and credentialing a team of coders. Libman Education can help by bringing our CCS Exam Prep class to you! For more information on customizing a CCS training solution to fit your needs, contact Libman Education, at 978-369-7180 or info@LibmanEducation.com