Anatomy & Physiology for Coders was written by coders, for coders! The 12-week curriculum provides a comprehensive and complete review of major body systems. This course will prepare coders for the anatomy-intensive requirements of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.
The course includes weekly lesson plans based on one or more chapters from the textbook Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology by Donald Rizzo. Additional bonus content includes disease processes, selected medical terminology, frequently prescribed drugs, and commonly ordered laboratory tests.
The course emphasizes what coders need to know in order to learn and use ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. But the benefits start now! Anatomy & Physiology for Coders provides coding professionals with immediate knowledge to increase their proficiency in ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Major body systems are covered in detail
- Content of particular value to coders includes: common diseases and disorders, selected medical terminology, frequently ordered laboratory tests, and frequently prescribed drugs
- 12 week curriculum (students are allowed 15 weeks to complete the course!)
- Lesson notes and 1-2 textbook chapters per week; 16 chapters of textbook content
- 4 to 8 hours of work required per week; time required will vary depending on student’s knowledge and experience
- 24 x 7 online access
- Material emphasizes what coders need to know for current ICD-9 and CPT coding as well as what is needed to learn ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology by Donald Rizzo, textbook and supplemental CD
- Multimedia content including videos and interactive educational games keep students engaged
- Full-color anatomical drawings to amplify course content
- Test Yourself Quizzes and Weekly Assessments assure mastery of material
To receive CEU credits, students must achieve a grade of 80% or higher on the weekly assessments. Students are able to repeat the weekly assessment until they have mastered the material.
Students taking Anatomy & Physiology for Coders are eligible to receive 24 AHIMA CEUs: This program has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Students taking Anatomy & Physiology for Coders are eligible to receive 6 AAPC CEUs: This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 6 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Group Registration Form:
Anatomy & Physiology for Coders: $220 Per Person/Per Course
The required textbook, Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology, is purchased separately.
Interested in Becoming a Course Partner? Learn More.