Online Self-paced Instruction
Libman Education is proud to bring you ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-Related and Ancillary Sections, an online, self-paced course by well-known author and ICD-10 expert Lynn Kuehn, MS, RHIA, CCS-P, FAHIMA.
As the second of three courses in Libman Education’s ICD-10-PCS series, this course (formerly called ICD-10-PCS: The Medical and Surgical-related and Ancillary Sections) shows you how to code procedures in the Medical and Surgical-related and Ancillary Sections of the ICD-10 Procedure Coding System, or ICD-10-PCS.
Sign up now, and
- Apply knowledge learned in the first course, including: definitions of root operations, index and table concepts, and selecting the correct characters based on the documentation
- Get introduced to the remainder of the ICD-10-PCS system
- Master new root operations, root procedures, and root types within the last 15 sections of PCS
ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-Related and Ancillary Sections consists of six lessons:
- Lesson 1 introduces the structure and design of the Obstetrics section
- Lesson 2 covers the Placement, Administration, Measurement and Monitoring sections of ICD-10-PCS
- Lesson 3 helps you learn about the Extracorporeal Assistance, Performance and Therapies sections
- Lesson 4 shows you the Osteopathic, Other Procedures and Chiropractic sections
- Lesson 5 covers the Imaging, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Oncology sections
- Lesson 6 introduces you to the Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology, Mental Health, and Substance Abuse Treatment sections of ICD-10-PCS.
Textbooks and Materials Required:
ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach by Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic, published by the American Health Information Management Association, 2012 or 2014 edition.
ICD-10-PCS codebook (any vendor) or students may elect to use electronic files.
Is this course for me?
This course is for existing inpatient coders who have taken Introduction to ICD-10-PCS or another introductory ICD-10-PCS course.
- 100% online self-directed course
- Illustrations and YouTube videos to help you understand the procedures described and coded
- Check Your Knowledge questions to further emphasize key concepts
- A ten question assessment at each lesson’s conclusion
ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-Related and Ancillary Sections
$220 per person/per course (Call for group pricing.)
Students taking ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-Related and Ancillary Sections are eligible to receive six (6) AHIMA CEUs.
About the Author:
Lynn Kuehn, MS, RHIA, CCS-P, FAHIMA, is president of Kuehn Consulting, LLC, in Waukesha, Wisconsin, a consulting firm specializing in coding for all settings and physician practice management issues. Lynn provides training to small and large groups on ICD-9, ICD-10, and other HIM-related issues. Lynn served on the AHIMA Board of Directors and authored several of AHIMA’s popular books: ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach; Procedural Coding and Reimbursement for Physician Services; CCS-P Exam Preparation; and A Practical Approach to Analyzing Healthcare Data. Lynn has been deeply immersed in the ICD-10 coding system and training for ICD-10 and was among the first instructors for AHIMA’s ICD-10 Train-the-Trainers. Lynn brings her detailed knowledge of HIM issues for both hospitals and physician practices to the ICD-10 courses developed with Libman Education.