ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-related and Ancillary Sections
As the second of three courses in Libman Education’s ICD-10-PCS series for coding professionals, this course shows you how to code procedures in the Medical and Surgical-related and Ancillary Sections of ICD-10-PCS, including obstetrics, imaging, mental health, and more.
Sign up now, and
- Apply knowledge learned in the first course, including: definitions of root operations, index and table concepts, and selecting the correct characters based on the documentation.
- Get introduced to the remainder of the ICD-10-PCS system.
- Master new root operations, root procedures, and root types within the last 15 sections of PCS.
Note: ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-related and Ancillary Sections is for experienced HIM professionals familiar with the process and principles of coding.
Take this as part of the Complete ICD-10-PCS Training: From Beginner to Advanced. Learn more here.
Tuition $220 per person/per course
Online Flexibility! Work at your own pace; save time and travel costs.Enroll Now
ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-Related and Ancillary Sections consists of six lessons:
- Lesson 1 introduces the structure and design of the Obstetrics section
- Lesson 2 covers the Placement, Administration, Measurement and Monitoring sections of ICD-10-PCS
- Lesson 3 helps you learn about the Extracorporeal Assistance, Performance and Therapies sections
- Lesson 4 shows you the Osteopathic, Other Procedures and Chiropractic sections
- Lesson 5 covers the Imaging, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Oncology sections
- Lesson 6 introduces you to the Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology, Mental Health, and Substance Abuse Treatment sections of ICD-10-PCS
- 100% online self-directed course
- Illustrations and YouTube videos to help you understand the procedures described and coded
- Check Your Knowledge questions to further emphasize key concepts
- A ten question assessment at each lesson’s conclusion
ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-related and Ancillary Sections is for inpatient coders who have taken ICD-10-PCS, Part 1: The Med/Surg Section or another introductory ICD-10-PCS course.
For individuals new to coding, consider Libman Education’s ICD-10-PCS: Procedure Coding, a foundational course for students without previous coding experience.
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“I met Lynn at ICD-10 training. She is a great trainer of ICD-10.” — Linda D., RHIT, CCS
“I love the ICD-10-PCS An Applied Approach text. It delves into complex material.” — Carole Getchell, RHIT, CCS, Coding Consultant
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist
Lynn Kuehn, MS, RHIA, CCS-P, FAHIMA
Lynn Kuehn is president of Kuehn Consulting, LLC, in Waukesha, Wisconsin, a consulting firm specializing in coding for all settings and physician practice management issues. Lynn is a nationally recognized trainer on ICD-10-PCS and other HIM-related topics.
Lynn served on the AHIMA Board of Directors and authored several of AHIMA’s most popular books including Procedural Coding and Reimbursement for Physician Services; CCS-P Exam Preparation, and ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach.
Together with her co-Author Theresa Jorwic, Lynn received the Triumph Literary Legacy Award from AHIMA for ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach. Called the “go-to” resource for learning and mastering ICD-10-PCS, ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach provides step-by-step instructions and exercises at all levels, and is used throughout Kuehn’s ICD-10-PCS courses authored for Libman Education.
ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach by Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic, published by the American Health Information Management Association. The 2018 edition is available for purchase here (Amazon) or here (AHIMA).
ICD-10-PCS Code Book, current version (any vendor) or students may elect to use electronic files.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher and complete 6 hours of contact instruction.
To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s). Students are able to repeat the course assessment(s) until they have mastered the material.
Students will have up to 16 weeks to complete the course. To receive an optional extension, contact Libman Education at [email protected] for pricing.
ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-Related and Ancillary Sections
$220 per person/per course
Financing available through PayPal CREDIT. Information available at checkout.