ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Advanced Coding by Body System
Fully updated for 2017
Time for a Deep Dive into ICD-10-PCS!
Is your productivity suffering because PCS coding is such a challenge? Then this course is for you.
ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Advanced Coding by Body System provides a ‘deep dive’ into the specifics of ICD-10-PCS organized by body system. Building on the foundational basics of the ICD-10-PCS system (such as definitions of root operations, index and table concepts, and selecting the correct characters based on the documentation), ICD-10-PCS, Part 3 Advanced Coding by Body System will teach you how to code with confidence!
- Learn how to code the top 500 procedures performed in U.S. hospitals
- Know what to do when the surgeon won’t answer your query and you need to assign a code
- Gain detailed explanations of coding 10 highly complex cardiovascular procedures
- Conquer the coding of even the most difficult bone and joint procedures
- Code real cases and not just scenarios or procedure statements
Don’t get caught by the auditors or RACs! Find the PCS answers you need in this course.
Tuition $440 per person/per course (updated version with increased interactivity!)
Need more basic PCS training? Take this as part of the Complete ICD-10-PCS Training: From Beginner to Advanced. Learn more here.
Online Flexibility! Work at your own pace; save time and travel costs.Enroll Now
Sign up now, and
- Study the new coding guidelines in detail and learn to apply them to support an accurate code assignment.
- Benefit from an advanced discussion of the root operations and learn to select the correct root operation(s) for a complete case.
- Learn with challenging and thought-provoking case studies carefully selected for each body system.
- Challenge yourself to code accurately and completely with real life examples and scenarios.
- Identify the body parts assigned by ICD-10-PCS to each of the body systems in the medical and surgical section to increase coding speed.
ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Advanced Coding by Body System teaches what you need to know:
- Complex bypass procedures.
- Devices (putting them in, taking them out, revising them, and special situations such as recalled devices).
- Body part selection not included in the body part key.
- Definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to each body system during the coding process.
- Differentiating between root operations that are not obvious.
Each lesson is designed using the same format:
- Common root operations for the body system
- Unique devices
- Unique qualifiers
- Coding examples for the body system
Lesson 1: Anatomical Regions
Lesson 2: Nervous System
Lesson 3: Sense Organs
Lesson 4: Respiratory System
Lesson 5: Circulatory System
Lesson 6: Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary System
Lesson 7: Endocrine and Lymphatic Systems
Lesson 8: Integumentary System
Lesson 9: Muscular System: Muscles, Tendons, Bursae and Ligaments
Lesson 10: Skeletal System: Bones and Joints
Lesson 11: Urinary System
Lesson 12: Male and Female Reproductive System
As an inpatient coder who needs to use the ICD-10-PCS coding system with confidence, ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Advanced Coding by Body System
- Provides you with in-depth and advanced ICD-10-PCS knowledge.
- Provides additional examples, exercises, case studies and coding tips not found within the textbook.
- Educates you with examples and coding practice using actual operative reports.
- Covers difficult topics in an understandable manner.
- Provides many examples with anatomical illustrations and audio/video content.
- Is online and self-paced, saving you time and travel costs.
This course is for inpatient coders who know the basics of ICD-10-PCS and are ready to take their understanding to the next level.
ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Advanced Coding by Body System is for HIM professionals who are already familiar with the process and principles of ICD-10-PCS coding.
Experienced coders who require basic training should consider Libman Education’s ICD-10-PCS, Part 1: The Med/Surg Section and ICD-10-PCS, Part 2: The Med/Surg-related and Ancillary Sections.
For individuals new to coding, consider Libman Education’s ICD-10-PCS: Procedure Coding, a foundational course for students without previous coding experience.
“I really enjoyed the course! It definitely cleared up some uncertainties I had in regards to body part selection and the videos were very helpful. Thank you for offering it – it really is a great educational tool!” — Milena D., COC, CIC
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“I met Lynn at ICD-10 training. She is a great trainer of ICD-10.” — Linda D., RHIT, CCS
“I love the ICD-10-PCS An Applied Approach text. It delves into complex material.” — Carole G., RHIT, CCS, Coding Consultant
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“Thank you so much! I have enjoyed this training very much.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist
Lynn Kuehn, MS, RHIA, CCS-P, FAHIMA
Lynn Kuehn is president of Kuehn Consulting, LLC, in Waukesha, Wisconsin, a consulting firm specializing in coding for all settings and physician practice management issues. Lynn is a nationally recognized trainer on ICD-10-PCS and other HIM-related topics.
Lynn served on the AHIMA Board of Directors and authored several of AHIMA’s most popular books including Procedural Coding and Reimbursement for Physician Services; CCS-P Exam Preparation, and ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach.
Together with her co-Author Theresa Jorwic, Lynn received the Triumph Literary Legacy Award from AHIMA for ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach. Called the “go-to” resource for learning and mastering ICD-10-PCS, ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach provides step-by-step instructions and exercises at all levels, and is used throughout Kuehn’s ICD-10-PCS courses authored for Libman Education.
ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach by Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic, published by the American Health Information Management Association. The 2017 edition is available for purchase here (Amazon) or here (AHIMA).
ICD-10-PCS Code Book, current version (any vendor) or students may elect to use electronic files.
To receive a Certificate of Completion, students must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher and complete 12 hours of contact instruction.
To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s). Students are able to repeat the course assessment(s) until they have mastered the material.
Students will have up to 16 weeks to complete the course. To receive an optional extension, contact Libman Education at info@LibmanEducation.com for pricing.
ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Advanced Coding by Body System
$440.00 per person/per course
Financing available through PayPal CREDIT. Information available at checkout.