Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) Exam Prep
This highly-acclaimed CCS Exam Prep program prepares participants to sit for AHIMA’s Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential exam.
CCS Exam Prep combines online lectures, presentations, and practice exams with weekly live instructor-led virtual class sessions to provide a thorough review of the materials covered on the ICD-10-based CCS exam.
Our nationally renowned CCS exam instructor provides individual mentoring and coaching with proven test-taking strategies that have helped hundreds to achieve CCS success.
The Winter session starts Saturday, January 28, 2017 and will prepare coding professionals for the 2017 CCS Exam.
Now taking applications! To apply, click here.
Tuition: $1495 per person/per courseSubmit an Application
The CCS credential is considered a “mastery” level certification for those with a thorough understanding of hospital inpatient and outpatient coding and hands-on hospital coding experience.
The CCS Exam Prep includes the following:
- Thirteen weeks of intensive preparation and personalized attention ensure participants stay on track for the CCS Exam.
- Live one-hour classes are held weekly via web-based conferencing, and are available to participants anywhere with internet access
- Two hours of recorded lectures each week on critical topics. Recorded lectures may be listened to repeatedly until the material is mastered.
- Additional coursework to include reading assignments, coding exercises, and quizzes. Depending on experience and skill-level, students should expect to spend an additional 15-30 hours completing additional coursework each week.
- Bonus content! Students enrolled in the CCS Exam Prep will receive a one year subscription to the Virtual Lab (VLab), a $110 value, at no additional charge. This web-based, practical, participatory, coding environment has been selected by Libman Education to provide CCS Exam Prep students online access to critical resources including Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and AHA’s ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook.
- Extensive proprietary study materials supplemented by carefully selected textbooks and additional resources
- Includes quizzes with direct feedback and review with the instructor
- Strictly limited class size ensures one-on-one mentoring and personalized live instruction
- More Bonus content! Participants enrolled in the CCS Exam Prep will receive the CCS Mock Exam, a $149 value, at no additional charge. The Mock Exam will test your coding skills and provide a realistic assessment of your readiness to sit for the CCS credential exam.
- AHIMA CEUs!
A detailed course syllabus including week by week description of materials covered is available here.
Saturdays, January 28 – April 29, 2017 (no classes Easter Day weekend)
Select the time that works best for you! Weekly live classes will meet:
Saturday 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET
Saturday 12 noon – 1 p.m. ET
Depending on demand, additional classes may be added or classes combined.
Fall Session: September – December 2017, dates to be determined
“I have to tell you that Mary Beth is the BOMB!!!!!!! She is great at what she does. I just want to thank all of you for having this course and helping everyone to achieve their goal of becoming certified. I will never forget Mary Beth and her kind words that she offered each week of the course. I enjoyed her class. Mary Beth makes every student feel important!” — Jeannine B., RHIT, CCS, HIM Manager
“I want to thank you for one of the best experiences of my life. The growth that took place astounds me. Mary Beth is one of the best instructors I have ever had. Not only did I pass the CCS, my scores were 367/400 or 92%. I’m so glad that I met you! “
“I really liked the virtual classes. I enjoyed the way it was done because you still have the instructor explaining and being able to ask questions.”
“I feel that CCS Exam Prep was well worth the cost. I highly recommend this course for coders that feel ready to attempt their CCS certification.”
Mary Beth York, CCS, CCS-P, CIC
Mary Beth York has over twenty year’s experience in coding, auditing and documentation improvement for hospitals ranging from community to teaching hospitals as well as physician group practices. As an educator, Mary Beth has taught in a broad range of settings from large classroom, to small group, to one-on-one instruction. Mary Beth has taught Libman Education’s highly successful CCS Exam Prep courses for eight years and has also taught CCS-P exam preparation skills, interventional radiology, and physician education on documentation requirements and assignment of E&M levels. Mary Beth York is a Senior Associate with Barry Libman Inc.
To enroll in Libman Education’s CCS Exam Prep, participants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Minimum of two years hands-on acute-care hospital coding experience
- Minimum of one year hands-on acute-care hospital coding experience with one of the following additional requirements:
- AHIMA Certifications: RHIA, RHIT, CCS-P or CCA, OR
- Other Certifications: CPC, CIC (formerly CPC-H), COC or other, OR
- Education/Training: anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate or advanced ICD diagnostic and procedural coding, CPT coding
Note: These Eligibility Requirements may be waived for participants who successfully pass the Libman Education CCS Skills Assessment. Please allow 3 hours for completion. The CCS Skills Assessment evaluates your current coding knowledge, skill, and preparedness to attempt the CCS.
Provided materials: The course tuition includes online access to all course and proprietary study materials.
Participants will also receive a one year subscription to the Virtual Lab (VLab), a $110 value, at no additional charge. This web-based, practical, participatory, coding environment has been selected by Libman Education to provide CCS Exam Prep participants online access to critical resources including Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and AHA’s ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook.
Required materials: Our next session will prepare candidates for the 2017 CCS Exam. Each participant in the class is required to purchase (or have access to) the following edition-specific textbooks.
- Professional Review Guide for the CCS Examination, 2017 (available January 2017, published by Delmar Cengage Learning)
- 2017 ICD-10-CM Code Book, (any publisher)
- 2017 ICD-10-PCS Code Book, (any publisher)
- CPT 2017 Standard, Professional, or Deluxe Edition, published by the American Medical Association
Please note: It is important that each participant have the correct edition and date of each publication as specified. Failure to have the correct edition and date will result in not being able to complete assignments.
Candidates for the CCS exam are required to bring the correct edition of code books to the test center. Candidates who do not bring the correct code books to the test center will not be allowed to test and will forfeit their exam fees. The allowable code books are published on the AHIMA website (see “List of Allowable Code Books: ICD-10” in the right-hand column): http://www.ahima.org/certification/CCS
- An application is required for admission to the course. Click here to apply.
- An interview with the instructor is required prior to course acceptance. The instructor will contact you by email or phone to schedule an interview to discuss the course in detail and answer your questions.
- Applicants who do not meet the course eligibility requirements may be asked to complete the Libman Education’s CCS Skills Assessment. The assessment is a tool utilized to assess your current coding knowledge and skill. Please allow 3 hours for completion of the CCS Skills Assessment.
This course awards a Certificate of Completion for those who complete 39 hours of contact instruction. Those who successfully complete the course are eligible for 39 AHIMA CEUs.
CCS Exam Prep participants will have up to 26 weeks to complete the course. To receive an optional extension, contact Libman Education at [email protected] for pricing.